A few years ago, God impressed on me that our family needed some “house rules.” I said, “Okay, God, but I have no idea what they should be so you are going to have to give them to me.”
He was faithful to answer my prayer. No one would ever catch me saying the rules are followed in our home without fail, but over the years they have become an essential part of the value system for our family.
Our house rules are written on a large piece of paper that hangs prominantly in the kitchen of our home and over the years, guests have often asked me if they could copy them to adapt for their own families. I thought some of you might find them useful as well so I have posted them for you today.
1. Honor your father and mother. (Exodus 20:12)
2. Obey your parents (without challenge, excuse or delay) (Col. 3:20)
3. Put others’ interests first and live in harmony. (Phil. 2:4 & 1 Peter 3:8)
4. Respect the property of others. (Luke 16:12)
5. Tattle only when there is danger. (Proverbs 17:9)
6. Wait your turn to speak. (Proverbs 18:13)
7. Whatever you do, work at it with all your might. (Col. 3:23)
8. Be responsible. (Ephesians 6:7&8)
9. Do everything without arguing and complaining. (Phil. 2:14)
10. Don’t harass the management. (Ask once and accept the answer.) (Proverbs 18:6)
4 Replies to “House Rules”
Love it, and am gonna pirate it! Thanks everso…!
Can I PLEASE ‘borrow’ these for my boys??? Every single one of these I have said, but I think it will carry more weight being biblically based!!!! 😉
I have been praying for help with this, I can’t believe you put this on your website. God is GREAT!!!!!!
Absolutely! That is what why I posted them!
Wonderful, Sherri. I am copying them as well. Wonderful words, and based in the Bible. Yeah!