I received some feedback from my recent post, Assembly Required, requesting a suggested reading list for the wait. I am happy to provide it. Please feel free to comment with any additional resources that have been helpful to you!
1. The Connected Child (parenting)
2. Parenting the Hurt Child (parenting)
3. Love in the Driest Season (memoir)
4. Black Baby, White Hands: A View from the Crib (memoir on transracial adoption)
5. Nurturing Adoptions (parenting)
6. In Their Own Voices, Transracial Adoptees Tell Their Stories